Click on the images above to see the full gallery
Sadly, after 64 years of service to the community the village hall will have to be demolished. For details of the reasons and decisions please go to the Hall page.
In the Gaelic language the word clachan means a hamlet or village. Our clachan
is in Kintyre, at the mouth of West Loch Tarbert on the west coast of
Scotland,where it serves as the gateway to the history and spectacular scenery
of the Southern Hebridean Isles. We have a shop and filling station, a part-time
postoffice, a kirk and a primary school. We also have a village hall, which is at
the centre of community life, and is used for a variety of functions and meetings,
including the Bowls Club, Smallholders’ Gathering, Tai Chi, the annual Art Show,
ceilidhs, Harvest Supper, Weddings and Wakes, the annual pantomime…..and
many others. It is a vital part of our village life. The Hall was built in 1956 and
has served the village well, but is now in a poor state and desperately in need of
replacement. We have already raised a substantial sum by our own efforts
and generous local support, and this is steadily increasing. Soon we shall be able
to approach organisations who provide grants to assist community projects such
as this. All help, whether by large or small donations, would be appreciated and
will take us nearer to our goal.
To donate to the Hall Development Fund
please go to The Hall page.